7 Foods To Naturally Decrease Uric Acid In The Body
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com
Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
Having high levels of uric acid in the body can lead to a number of different health complications. These include kidney stones, renal failure, cardiovascular disease and hypertension. These levels can become high as a result of increased uric acid production in the body or a decreased excretion of it through our kidneys. These acid levels may also become high due to obesity, genetics, conditions such as diabetes, having an underachieve thyroid and eating a diet high in purines. Lets discuss some foods and natural remedies that can help to reduce and control these uric acid levels in our body.
1. It is counter-intuitive to think that lemon juice will lower acid in the body due to its acidic nature, but it actually have an alkaline effect when consumed. This alkalinity helps to neutralize uric acid. As well, lemon juice is a great source of vitamin C, which has the effect of lowering uric acid levels as well. Fill a glass with warm water, and then squeeze the juice of one lemon into it. Drink this mixture each morning on an empty stomach and continue doing so for a few weeks.
2. Apple cider vinegar works great as a natural detoxifier and cleanser. This allows it to help remove wastes from the body such as high amount of uric acid. It also contains good amounts of malic acid, which helps to break down and eliminate unwanted uric acid. As well, it has great anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits, while also helping to balance the alkalinity of the body. Try adding one teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and drink this 2 to 3 times per day, eventually increasing the dose to two tablespoons per glass.
3. Wheatgrass juice can help eliminate unwanted uric acid in our bodies. It helps to restore the alkalinity of the blood and is a good source of protein and amino acids. As well, wheatgrass juice is rich in vitamin C, chlorophyll and phytochemicals, which help detoxification and promote the elimination of wastes from the body.
4. Cherries are not just a delicious and nutritious fruit, but actually contain chemicals that promote the reduction of high uric acid levels. They contain a healthy flavonoid called anthocyanins, that not only reduce inflammation in the body, but also specifically help to lower uric acid. Try drinking one to two cups of cherry juice or a one half cup of cherries daily for a few weeks in order to obtain these benefits.
5. Olive oil is a healthy fat that offers numerous health benefits for our bodies. Olive oil can specifically help to control uric acid levels in our body, unlike other oils. This is because it is a rich source of the antioxidant vitamin E. Its monounsaturated fats also remain stable when heated, which allows for this vitamin E content to remain. In addition, olive oil has great anti-inflammatory properties for our bodies.
6. Dairy products such as skim milk can also control uric acid levels in the body. They have been associated with lower plasma urate concentrations, which can lower the risk of gout. As well, dairy products like skim milk contain orotic acid, which decreases the re-absorption of uric acid in the body and products its natural elimination through our kidneys.
7. Lastly, water is great for controlling uric acid. It helps to optimize the bodies uric acid filtering abilities. Drinking enough water helps to dilute uric acid in the body, which promotes and stimulates the kidneys to remove excess amounts through our urine. Try to drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water throughout the day. Since this number can change based on our own body composition and activity levels, discuss with your doctor the appropriate amount of water you should be intaking.
In addition to these foods that you can consume to reduce and control uric acid levels in the body, also be sure to stay away from eating too many high purine foods, since purines are nitrogen containing foods that break down into uric acid in the body. These foods include meats, legumes, poultry and yeast.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.